elcome to Thursday thought blog!
Given the recent incidents and the thought going on in my mind, Today’s quote is:
Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.Seneca
Or as Rajesh Khanna said “Babumoshai! zindagi lambi nahi badi honi chahiye!!“ (My friend, Life need not be long it should be big )
Both these quotes raise the same question in my mind, should I wish for a longer life or a bigger life?
In India, we touch feet of our elders in order to show respect to them and when we do so, the most common blessing is “jug jug jiyo” which means live longer. I feel, this somewhere adds to our misconception towards looking at life. We “assume” that we will be alive forever. As a result, sometimes we take life for granted.
This week has been tough! We lost two great actors of Indian cinema. I personally loved their work! They were gems of Bollywood. Both had fame, money, an amazing career, amazing families. But unfortunately, they had to leave us… 🙏🏻
I couldn’t help but think, life can be so unpredictable! You never know which moment will be your last. No matter the stature, the success, the money, the religion, the fame, it all goes away.
In the end what matters?
It’s only the deeds of the person, their work, their actions, that’s all that matters!
So I decided to share few thoughts that are crossing my mind since yesterday.
How exactly can we make our life bigger if not longer:
- Be kind to others, that’s how people will remember you.
- Live everyday like it’s your last. Someday, you might be right!
- Don’t leave things for tomorrow.
- Don’t wait for the “right time” to do what you want now!
- Don’t do “time pass”, because every moment that passes is never coming back. 🙂
- Try to do what you love, why? because that way you will enjoy every day.
- Give attention to people you love. Confess your love to them.
- Help people in need, that’s the best thing you can do.
- Try to be cheerful and make people around you cheerful too.
- Bring smile on someone’s face everyday!
- Do not hate anyone! Life is is too precious to be wasted on hatred.
- Spread love and joy if you can. 🙂
Life is too short, whether we accept it or not, so, better we live it to the fullest and try to make it easy for others as well. 🙂 🙂 Loads of love and positivity to you all ❤️Be happy!
Let me know what you think of the quote shared today. What do you believe in, a bigger life or a better life?